Limited edition. Exclusive release for RECORD STORE DAY 2023
Ten Punk Bedrooms
This release will come in 10 alternative sleeves limited to 100 copies of each so the bedroom design of the front cover has been painstakingly adapted for devotee’s of; 1. Sex Pistols 2. The Clash 3. The Jam 4. Buzzcocks 5. The Damned 6. The Stranglers 7. Siouxsie & the Banshees 8. Generation X 9. Ramones and 10. Blondie… and that design comes with a signed and stamped print of that design inside…
Mal-One’s new five track 12’’ offering has broached the tender subject of the bedroom wall and what as a teenager we would cover it with, as we revelled in our teenage glory. During what we now fondly remember as the Punk Rock period, this would have been the promo posters, gig tickets, flyers, badges, t- shirts anything we could find to extend our allegiance to the Punk Rock cause. Track one of this extended play covers this dilemma in fine style:
1. Punk Rock Pictures on my Wall …from floor to ceiling and ten feet tall !!!
2. JJ’s Alright relates a true story of Mal-One’s run in with the Euroman Cometh himself and finding out first hand that even if his band The Stranglers were to become Punk’s social outcasts that in fact JJ was Alright and so in fact was Hugh….
1. The Buzz-Cocks Are Coming tells the Buzzcocks connection to this movement and their entry point into the affray.
2. Damned Disciple tells what is required to become a Damned devotee. Which includes amongst other requirements and as stated on one of their early badges ‘skipping off school to see them play’.
3. The Satellite Kid tells the engaging story of Mr Paul Weller coming to London seeing the Sex Pistols for the first time at the Lyceum Ballroom on The Strand. In doing so he found some likeminded souls and more importantly people the same age that he could relate to and forge an identity with.
Hopefully to hang on your bedroom wall… it’s never too late Punk….
1 Punk Rock Pictures On My Wall 3.06
2 JJ’s Alright 3.35
1 The Buzz-Cocks Are Coming 2.21
2 Damned Disciple 1.51