2LP coloured vinyl
Limited edition. Exclusive release for RECORD STORE DAY 2023
1. Augustus Pablo - Rockers Rock (2.48)
2. K.C. White - No No No (3.27)
3. Tenor Saw - Ring The Alarm (3.12)
4. Johnny Osbourne - Bewitched (1.55)
1. Pinchers - Agony (3.34)
2. The Abyssinians - Mandela (3.46)
3. Sister Nancy - One, Two (3.37)
1. King Tubby Meets Tommy McCook and The Aggrovators - King Tubby Dub (3.08)
2. Chaka Demus & Pliers - Murder She Wrote (4.07)
3. Johnny Osbourne - Ready Or Not (3.22)
4. Jackie Mittoo - Earthquake (3.26)
1. Sandra Reid - Don't Tell Me Tell Her (5.58)
2. The Skatalites Meet King Tubby - Herb Man Dub (3.20)
3. Kim Harriott - Woman Of The Ghetto (5.04)
Soul Jazz Records’ 200% Dynamite! set the benchmark for reggae meets funk compilations that has never been bettered. Out of print for over 15 years this new 2023 edition with new tracks and is being released in a one-off limited-edition heavyweight special-edition coloured vinyl pressing + download code exclusively for Record Store Day 2023.
Jam-packed with reggae tunes that crossed-over to become dancefloor hits such as Tenor Saw’s sound boy anthem ‘Ring the Alarm,’ K.C. White’s classic cut of the seminal ‘No, No, No’ and Augustus Pablo’s ‘Rockers Rock’, 200% Dynamite explores the links between reggae, jazz, funk and soul.
Carrying on perfectly from 100% Dynamite, this second compilation continues to trace the history of Jamaican reggae and the influence of American styles such as funk and jazz had on this music.
Featured here are serious funk and rocksteady tunes from the likes of The Skatalites and Johnny Osbourne through to Jamaican jazz from masters such as Tommy McCook and Byron Lee, as well as some serious dub from the likes of Augustus Pablo, King Tubby and Jackie Mittoo.
New bonus tracks on this new 2023 edition include seminal dancehall party cuts Sister Nancy’s ‘One Two’ and Chaka Demus and Pliers’ ‘Murder She Wrote’, alongside classic soul to reggae covers including cuts of Marlena Shaw’s ‘Women of the Ghetto’ and Odyssey’s ‘Don’t Tell Me Tell Her’."