RECORD STORE DAY 2022
Record Store Day 2022 - 23rd April 2022
"Record Store Day is the one day of the year when over 200 independent record shops all across the UK come together to celebrate their unique culture. Special vinyl releases are made exclusively for the day and many shops and cities host artist performances and events to mark the occasion"
At the Vinyl Revival Store it's a great day when our customers come together to celebrate their passion for music on vinyl. This year sees the 15th Anniversary of Record Store Day UK and we are hoping that there will be a huge queue* outside the shop when we open our gates on Saturday 23rd April at 8:30 am
As usual it will be Record Store Day "al fresco" at The Only Record Shop In The Village. Our tiny shop will be over twice it's usual size with lots of records in the gazebos on the patio.
We hope that all of our visitors have a great time :-
- on the patio we will have over 250 special limited editions that are being released for the day - everything is listed on our website
- in the shop there will be lots of bargains with reductions on most of our regular stock of new and pre-loved vinyl
-under the gazebos our famous bargain bins will be filled with 7" singles for only 50p 12" singles for £1 and LPs for £2 - £4 and save even more with our MULTI-BUY offers.
LISTENING TO MUSIC
- we'll be spinning 45s on our vintage Dansette from 10:00 - 13:00
- LIVE in the garden with Lost Chimes at 1 o'clock and Sebastian s. Thompson
Ft. Sovereign from 2:30
* a note about the queue
If there is a "must have at all costs" release on your wish list you are advised to arrive early as the queue usually starts to form in the early hours and we expect that there will be over 60 people waiting outside when we open.
For all the EARLY BIRDS our friends at The Vine in the High Street will be serving hot drinks and breakfast rolls from 7:30, and full breakfasts from 10 o'clock. Just before 7:30 we will give out numbered tickets so that you can save our place in the queue.
Participating shops are required to abide by a few simple rules that are set by the national organisers of the event.
- Record Store Day releases cannot be sold before 8 am on 23rd April
- Sales on 23rd April and for the following week must be made only to customers visiting the shop.
- Items cannot be reserved so we can't take pre-orders
- All sales must be on a 1st come 1st served basis
- Online sales are not permitted until 8 pm on Friday 29th April
- All RSD titles are limited editions. In some cases there are only a few hundred to be shared between over 250 shops and we may only be allocated 1 or 2 copies.
- We cannot stock everything on the official Record Store Day list. But we have ordered over 260 titles. Our list includes everything that was on our customers' wish lists (and many more) - but please let us know if you want something that is not on the list below and we will try to get it.
- Due to manufacturing capacity constraints some releases will not be available on 23rd April. These will be available in the shop on Saturday 18th June.